Home Counties Design



Home Counties Design



Built under Planning Permission


*  Planning Permission will be needed if any part exceeds the Permitted Development

   allowance for that particular type of extension. 


*  It’s possible to build more than one extension at the same time under Planning Permission.


*  It is also possible to submit a Planning Application and a Lawful Development Certificate Application

   to the Local Authority to be considered at the same time.


*  If there are trees close to an extension you may need an  Arboriculturist’s Report and a foundation

   scheme designed by a Structural Engineer.










*  We’ll come to you to talk over your project, free of charge, and let you know what’s possible.


*  We’ll send you an estimate of our fees and let you know what other costs are involved,

   especially Local Authority charges.


*  We’ll carry out a measured Survey of the existing building, and plot the surrounding area   

   and adjoining properties.


*   We’ll draw up the Survey plans and elevations, as these are needed by the Local Authority.


*   We’ll prepare Scheme drawings for you to agree, showing plans, sections, and elevations

    of your proposed extensions.


*   We’ll prepare and submit the Planning Application to the Local Authority.


*   We’ll receive an Acknowledgement of the Application from the Council giving a decision date

     - which is usually a minimum of 8 weeks from the acknowledgement date.


*  The Council will send Notice letters to your neighbours giving them 21 days to comment

    on your Application.


*  The Planning Officer will visit your property, and your neighbours’, and take photographs

    to assist with their report.


*   Your Application will be decided by the Planning Department under delegated powers,

    unless there are justifiable objections from neighbours.  In which case it will go before

    a Planning Committee taking longer than 8 weeks.


*   Once you’ve received Planning Permission you’ll need to think about construction drawings.


*   If Planning Permission is refused you can Appeal to the Planning Inspectorate.