Home Counties Design



Home Counties Design



Thinking of building an extension or loft conversion?

Need drawings for a Planning or Lawful Development Certificate Application?

Want to know more about Permitted Development?

Been put off by architects’ jargon and prices?


For specialist Architectural and Interior Planning services talk to

Home Counties Design, we’re based in Sutton, Surrey, and cover

London and the surrounding areas.





We know how important your home is to you – it’s your biggest investment

- and when it comes to making the most of it, nothing is more important than experience.  Whatever your project, we can offer you our vast experience and design flair. 


Over the past 35 years we’ve earned an enviable reputation.  We’ve successfully helped thousands unlock the potential of their properties, obtaining Planning Permissions throughout London and the Home Counties.


So, whether you need to create that vital extra space, or wish to build the house of your dreams, we can make it happen.


Some say Planning is a minefield – but it needn’t be.  Our site sets out just what’s involved in making a Planning or Lawful Development Certificate Application, so you can follow the process.  Just select the project you’ve got in mind and leave it to us.


Most people have heard of Permitted Development – letting you build without Planning Permission.  We explain what can be built under PD, and when you’ll need to make a Planning Application.


We’ll help you avoid the costly pitfalls of letting a builder extend your home without Approved drawings.  We always recommend you make a Lawful Development Certificate Application for works under Permitted Development. When you come to sell, your purchaser’s solicitors will require this Certificate as proof that your building works are legal.   Retrospective applications to the Local Authority are not guaranteed to be successful and may jeopardise your sale